Sunday, October 23, 2016

Does 'Slow and Steady' Really Win?

While the story of 'The Tortoise and the Hare' has many believing you can cross the finish line at a slower pace, the question still remains, "do we REALLY have time to complete the race"?  In a world of high-speed Internet, microwaves and Bugatti vehicles, society has no problem going from 0-60 in the blink of an eye.  I can't help but wonder, exactly what has been accomplished in no time flat?  Are we so eager to go through life that the only day we're grateful for is today? 

Here's what I believe (if I may indulge you for a moment):  there needs to be a definitive balance.  Life comes with many twists and turns, more often than not.  But if we don't take the time to enjoy and appreciate the things it has to offer, we may end up rushing to get to the finish line while not being able to remember how (or why) we got there in the first place. 

Currently I am at a place in life where it's not clear if I should move quicker for better results,  or better for quicker results.  It can be confusing and frustrating.  But one thing is for certain: just because I take longer than others doesn't mean I won't win.  I simply need to find my rhythm and dance through this thing we call life.

The takeaway:  Even when life makes you feel like standing up against the wall and watch others succeed, continue to find your rhythm and dance

3 comments:

  1. I love this cousin, every word. Keep dancing! Keep going!😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cousin, every word. Keep dancing! Keep going!😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you cousin! (My apologies, I just saw your response)

    ReplyDelete